Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > how do I add a email to the scan tool?
how do I add a email to the scan tool?

1429 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-09-23 22:56:32

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2021-07-30 19:18:00
    I have tried using pop and IMAP but still can't add my email

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2021-07-31 03:00:06 (Reply to:)

Not sure what scanner you have maybe doesn't matter. I have 906BT and had the same problems. Operating system kinda like a widows embedded with limited features designed by Autel. I don't think there is an email client actually installed on tablet to start a new mail account like windows mail,mozilla thunderbird etc. I even tried to start an account with google and create a gmail which it did but since they don't tell you type of server and password for their mail unsuccessful with that also even tried password for google account on both type of servers.What works is if you have any current e-mail addresses and know the server type and password for that account run the setup on the tablet using that information and it'll work. Best bet email at home or work if you don't know server type get it from ISP but password you have to be authorized (account holder) to get that from ISP since it's for account not for email. Usually email doesn't have a password from ISP. Set up mine using shop pop server type and password for account holder of shop ISP. Downside is I get shop email and have to delete from scanner probably should have setup a second email from home first and used that information. On the upside if I send report the way I did it customer gets shop email to him for reply or forwarding useful in insurance claims.

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
    ranthepartsman

2021-09-18 21:51:35

I use an outlook email, and it activated with no issues. I even have my business Facebook account on my ms906bt

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    DavidSmith

2021-09-23 22:56:32

I had to create a secure mail key, from my email provider, and use that for the password to get mine to work.
  Total1 Pages